Let’s face it, if you are looking for a family law attorney in Pasadena, you are probably experiencing a difficult time. Whether you’re just considering filing for divorce, are in the process of discussing custody, or have run into trouble with child support or spousal support payments, you want a lawyer that gets the job done efficiently, and who cares about you, your family and your future. It can be difficult to know who to choose to represent you, and we offer some important tips to assist you.
Factors in Choosing a Pasadena Family Law Attorney
The choice of attorney is important. A little time spent assessing your needs and researching attorneys is time well spent. Consider these important points:
- Look for experience and a proven track record. Family law is complex, and the outcome of your case will be in large part the result of the skills of your attorney. You need a Pasadena family lawyer who has worked with a wide range of clients and has consistently achieved positive outcomes. When reaching out to attorneys, ask what experience they have–not just practicing law generally, but in the specific area of family law. Sanjay A. Paul, Esq. has successfully represented many family law clients in Pasadena and the surrounding communities.
- Choose a lawyer with whom you feel comfortable. The most brilliant legal mind in the world is ineffective without the added qualities of compassion and understanding. When you go to your lawyer’s office, you should feel comfortable bringing up your concerns, and receive clear, supportive answers in response.
- Choose a lawyer who will do everything possible to help you achieve your objectives, whether in child custody, property division, or support.
- It may be an advantage to avoid taking a case to court. Your family law attorney should be adept at compromise and negotiation. On the other hand, if your case cannot be resolved out of court, look for an attorney who has extensive trial experience. Ideally, your family law attorney can manage either situation with great skill and professionalism.
- Your Pasadena family law attorney should be able to clearly inform you of the financial implications of any agreement, including discussing the issues associated with taxation.
There are many family law attorneys in Southern California, but there are few who truly excel. It’s important that you not only trust your lawyer, but that you have the utmost confidence in your legal team’s high level of skill. To learn more, contact us at Dream Law to schedule a consultation. Sanjay A. Paul, Esq. takes a personalized and compassionate approach in his law practice. We understand the financial considerations involved as well, and we do all we can to bring your divorce to conclusion without the high costs of litigation. In many cases, we have found it far more productive to arrange a settlement outside of court. In the end, this can be a great advantage to you — and far less stressful..
At Dream Law, you will immediately notice the difference in our personalized approach to the practice of family law.